As of September 2014, all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to free school meals. Pupils in older year groups may still be eligible – please see the information below.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, orders are placed using the Chartwells Meal Selector online ordering system (found here), once the free school meal application has been approved. The use of this online ordering system means that all pupils in receipt of a free school meal remain anonymous. The information is treated as private and confidential within school. We strongly encourage anyone who may be eligible for free school meals to apply, even if your child does not wish to have a hot school meal. If they prefer, children can bring their own packed lunch to school. Registering for free school meal eligibility can attract pupil premium funding to be used by the school to support your child. Pupil Premium is additional funding that the government gives to schools for each pupil who are deemed to need further help. The money must be spent on that child to support their education, but it is for the school to determine how it is spent.
Eligibility includes parents/carers in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
Please note that if you also receive any amount of Working Tax Credit this automatically disqualifies entitlement to free school meals.
Further information, together with the facility to apply online or download a hard copy application form, can be found on the Borough of Poole website using the link below. You can apply for free school meals at any time in the school year if your circumstances change.