First School Admissions Policies
If your child has been refused a place to start in September 2020 at your preferred school and you wish to appeal, please be aware of the following:School Admission Appeals are organised for the majority of schools in Poole by the Clerk to the Independent Appeals Panel within the Council’s Democratic Services Team.
Appeals will conform to the following timelines:-
|Primary School Age places – Year R, Year 3 and Middle school – September 2020|
|Offer letters posted to parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority||16 April 2020|
|Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer||30 April 2020|
|Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal||Friday 5 June 2020|
|Appeal Hearing Dates||Between 21 June and 31 July 2020|
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 56 calendar days of the appeal deadline or 42 calendar days of being lodged, whichever is the later date
- You will receive at least 14 calendar days’ notice of your appeal hearing date.
- Appeal are normally heard during the daytime on weekdays. They may be heard during school holidays due to the current pandemic. Where there are a number of parents all appealing for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days
- The school’s case will be dispatched to parents and Panel members at least 7 calendar days before the start of the appeal hearing
- Additional evidence may be submitted by parents up to 7 calendar days before the hearing
- Any additional evidence received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing The Appeal Panel will decide whether it should be considered taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent within 7 calendar school days of the end of the hearing, where possible
- Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard within 42 calendar days of the appeal being lodged.
Late appeals and in-year appeals will be heard in line with the deadlines set out in the School Admission Appeals Code.
If you wish to appeal please contact the School Admissions Team on 01202 261936