If your child has been refused a place to start in September 2019 at your preferred school and you wish to appeal, please be aware of the following:
School Admission Appeals are organised for the majority of schools in Poole by the Clerk to the Independent Appeals Panel within the Council’s Democratic Services Team.
Appeals will conform to the following timelines:-
Offer letters posted to parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority is 16 April 2019.
Deadline for acceptance of place offered by parent/carer is 30th April 2019.
Date for parents to return completed on-time Admission Appeal form is 17th May 2019.
Appeals will take place between 11th June 2019 and 19th July 2019.
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date
- You will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of your appeal hearing date. School days do not include school holidays, inset days, bank holidays or weekends.
- Appeals are normally heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not normally heard in school holidays. Where there are a number of parents all appealing for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days.
- The school’s case will be dispatched to you and the Panel members at least 5 working days before the start of the appeal hearing
- Additional evidence may be submitted up to 5 working days before the hearing
- Any additional evidence received after this date might not be considered at the appeal hearing. The Appeal Panel must decide whether it should be considered taking into account its significance and the effect of a possible need to adjourn the hearing
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within five school days of the end of the hearing
- Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Late appeals and in-year appeals will be heard in line with the deadlines set out in the School Admission Appeals Code.
If you wish to appeal please contact the School Admissions Team on 01202 261936