Broadstone First School was designated a Teaching School in the first cohort in 2010 and formed the Poole Teaching School Alliance (PTSA). The Alliance is made up of a number of partner Primary Schools who work to provide support and development opportunities for each other and schools further afield.
The key areas the PTSA work on include:
- Providing support for other schools.
- Providing high quality training and support to new entrants to the teaching profession.
- Identifying and developing school leaders at all levels, from entering the profession to Headship level.
- Designating and training Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) who provide leadership support to schools.
- Providing professional development opportunities in a variety of subject areas, leadership development and educational initiatives.
Another important area of our work is sharing the learning from all these opportunities so that as many as possible benefit from the thinking and learning happening in our Alliance. For those schools who would like to engage the support of experts in the area of interest to them, we can point you in the direction of some highly talented and experienced practitioners whose role it is to provide capacity, ideas and support to school leaders and anyone else working with young people – including governors!
There is a wide, varied and hugely exciting range of professional development opportunities open to all through the PTSA. From those thinking about entering the profession to those who have been working with young people for a long time, you are certain to find something to interest and excite you and spur you on to engage in your own learning journey.
Anything you may want to know can be found on our website, www.pooletsa.org.uk or please do give us a call on 01202 604063 and we’d be very happy to talk you through the options open to you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Chief Executive Officer